MAINTENANCE TEAM LEADER – HIGH LEVEL, AB
For half a century, Ainsworth has been respected as a successful enterprise built by ingenious, resourceful people who take pride in their work and are rewarded for their ability and entrepreneurship. Known for its innovation, quality and service, the company today supplies markets worldwide with technologically advanced, engineered forest products used in construction and industrial applications. At Ainsworth we live health and safety aboveboard without compromise; we believe in injury free production. We operate from locations in BC, Alberta, and Ontario.
We currently have a vacancy for exceptional individual at our High Level OSB Plant for:
MAINTENANCE TEAM LEADER
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Team Leader is a front-line leadership position responsible for managing labour requirements and maintenance (preventive, predictive and unscheduled) of all mill equipment and machinery. This position leads maintenance teams with a strong emphasis on safety, quality and efficiency. The Maintenance Team Leader relies on leadership abilities, in conjunction with a continuous improvement / preventive maintenance mindset in order to support and promote excellence as established in the Company vision, mission and values. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing maintenance and production log books on a daily basis to determine the flow of work and priority required for the day.
- Reviewing approved work orders to determine what parts are required. Overseeing the staging of parts in advance to the completion of maintenance.
- Collaborating with the Maintenance Planner on a weekly basis to allocate labour for maintenance days which may include the coordination of 3rd party contractors and overseeing maintenance jobs in responsibility areas.
- Scheduling maintenance teams with requirements and job packages / work orders. Submitting work orders as required including information such as the cause of failures, action taken, the component found and the condition of the component found.
- Conducting office duties including the accurate completion of daily work orders, daily entering of work-time into IVARA, and the immediate documentation of downtime / equipment breakdown in log books. Monitoring each job closely by frequently visiting in progress jobs to ensure job quality and progress.
- Ensuring cleanliness of the mill by conducting daily tours of the facility, coaching employees regarding pro-active steps to ensure an orderly workplace and ensuring the clean up of jobs after the completion of maintenance work.
- Implementing / designing / utilizing / enforcing proactive safety as required which involves attending all regular safety meetings and disseminating information to direct reports directly following the safety meeting.
- Ensuring that direct reports have been trained on and have reviewed correct work practices prior to operating machinery as well as providing guidance, direction, mentoring and progressive discipline (if required) to direct reports.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience as a Journeyman Millwright, Electrician, HD Mechanic or Machinist.
- Experience in OSB manufacturing is required.
- 1 to 2 years supervisory experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of team processes and ability to model, encourage and influence team behavior and decision making.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft software.
We look forward to hearing from you, please submit your letter of application and resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 604 661 3201 or mail to:
Ainsworth Engineered Canada LP.
Attention: Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 49307
3194-1055 Dunsmuir Street
Vancouver, BC V7X 1L3
Jump on board, enjoy the challenge, and be a part of our new team at Ainsworth High Level!