PROCESS CONTROL COORDINATOR – 100 MILE HOUSE, BC
We are a leading Canadian forest products company with half a century reputation of exceptional product quality, customer service and innovation. We are operated by people who take pride in their work and are rewarded for their ability and entrepreneurship. The company today supplies markets worldwide with technologically advanced, engineered forest products that are used in residential construction and industrial applications. Our manufacturing operations are located in British Columbia, Alberta, and Ontario.
We are currently seeking an individual for the following vacancy:
PROCESS CONTROL COORDINATOR
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Process Control Coordinator will be responsible for designing electrical, instrumentation and control systems in support of plant operations and maintenance activities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Configuring and developing industrial computer network systems for HMI and PLC systems.
- Optimizing the facilities’ process control systems as well as improving reliability of the process systems.
- Supervising and performing HMI, VFD and PLC programming.
- Performing field startup tasks.
- Coordinating instrumentation calibration and maintenance support.
- Supporting the operations and maintenance groups during normal and abnormal plant operation.
- Updating CAD drawings for process and instrumentation diagrams.
- Maintaining of equipment and/or process related software.
- Participating in an on-call system designed to provide resources to production team during off hours.
The ideal candidate will have a diploma/degree in Instrumentation Technology or Electrical Engineering with Professional Engineering status. A minimum of 3-5 years experience with process control and instrumentation is required. Experience working with smart field devices, Allen Bradley CLX(motion control), and PLC5 PLCs, VFDs and instrumentation such as control valves, process analyzers, flow, pressure and temperature transmitters as well as PID and tuning controls are areas considered in the selection process. Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills, oral and written communication skills are necessary.
Please submit your letter of application and resume, in confidence to:
Ainsworth Engineered Canada LP
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 67
100 Mile House, BC
Fax: 250 395-6276