PRODUCTION TEAM LEADERS – HIGH LEVEL, AB
We are a leading Canadian forest products company with half a century reputation of exceptional product quality, customer service and innovation. We are operated by people who take pride in their work and are rewarded for their ability and entrepreneurship. The company today supplies markets worldwide with technologically advanced, engineered forest products that are used in residential construction and industrial applications. Our manufacturing operations are located in British Columbia, Alberta, and Ontario.
We are currently seeking an individual for the following vacancy:
PRODUCTION TEAM LEADERS
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Team Leader is responsible for managing a production team in a manner that emphasizes safety and efficiency within a busy team environment. Those duties will include:
- Safe and efficient day to day operations of the mill during 12 hour shifts.
- Ensure that team members are at their operating stations on time and operating equipment to company standards. Responsible for the security of the mill and all equipment during normal working hours.
- Responsible for house-keeping during shift hours and making rounds on a regular basis.
- Assists the process technicians in maintaining board quality from the stranders the finishing end.
- Reviews all finished products in the warehouse and ensures it is up to company standards.
- Maintains full communication with the mill at all times through radio and log books.
- Keeps accurate records of time books, log books, production reports, down-time and equipment breakdown. Makes necessary reports in a timely manner.
- Knows where all fire equipment is located and is familiar with the proper fire fighting procedures to fight various types of fires.
- Ensures all new employees are trained in the safe operation of mill equipment based on company standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that company and OH&S rules and guidelines are adhered to, and provides direction and discipline if required.
As the ideal candidate, you have a minimum of 5 years of recent work experience in the forest industry, preferably within an oriented strand board mill. Advanced communication skills (both verbal and written) are a requirement. You should have a valid First Aid Certificate. A dedication to a professional team environment with an emphasis on safety is essential.
Please submit your resume, in confidence to:
Ainsworth Engineered Canada LP.
Attention: Human Resources – Vancouver
P.O Box 49307
3194-1055 Dunsmuir Street
Vancouver, BC V7X 1L3
Fax: 604 661 3201